Friday, April 10, 2009

DJ Dexter

It was a little weird to head down alone after I decided not to make things difficult for Rui, but after a good gig, I really think it was the best that could've happened. Rui wouldn't have stayed till 3, he wouldn't have been able to rap along. I am thankful all I had for company was myself :) DJ Dexter was outstanding, seamlessly mixing swing, big band, heavy rock, reggae, funknsoul, drumnbass into 90s hiphop like New York State Of Mind and Microphone Fiend. I couldn't hear the Dilla and Madlib he promised, and I wish he played P.E.'s Shut 'Em Down (Pete Rock remix) to end things, but all in all it was good. Unpretentious music that doesn't bother to cater to popular masses, he's all I wanted to be and more. Dancing in front of the speakers, I realised I didn't mind the heavy feedback from a fucked up audio system, it sounded grimy and sweet bass, I really apprciated the short krump set he dropped, it's been a while since I've had a refreshing experience like this.

Beijing pictures up really soon, things are getting a bit too much to handle for now, both school and girls. I don't have 99 problems but it sure feels like it. Still, best night out in Shanghai ever, I think I'm sick in the head. I enjoy my own company on a night out like that more than anyone can give me. Why, I'll never figure it out.

2 comments:

  1. Girl problem we like.

    Pictures of girls we like even more.

    Come on, time to show us pic that it's time to pack up and join you over there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. too late. leo just went over the wkend.

    ReplyDelete