Saturday, February 28, 2009

Mediocre DnB at the Shelter, Weekend Shopping

Weekends here are evil, because I haven't gone a weekend without spending 2000 RMB. Eric doesn't help by egging me on. I spent over 3000RMB today, shopping took up about 2000, then the rest was on cabs, drinks and meals. I need to hang out less with Eric srsly :\ I've spent over 16000RMB since arriving, which is quite mad.

Checked out Eno and The Thing today, bought a lot of stuff, including 4 tshirts, a cap, a shirt, a bag and a awesome jacket from this boutique called Catalog. The Thing's really cheap, nice t-shirts going for 100RMB each, Eno was uninspiring, and I bought the only cool thing from the shop for free (a backpack) because we managed to spend more than 888RMB in the place (I really wanted the bag).

The Shelter was fucking awesome, like Home Club, but bigger and with tunnels built for Vietcong type sizes. There was absolutely no reception underground, which kinda sucked unless you weren't waiting for people to come. The DnB was kinda crap, and I gave up after an hour of forcing myself to have fun by downing a lot of whiskey back to back. They played anthems from 5-10 years ago, and the transitioning was very shit. I kept thinking bout the LTJ Bukem gig which was happening at the same time, one sea away. It bugged me alot, because even as I type this I'm very sure the party is still going on strong at Home Club. Bukem is a crowd pleaser, and I remember I danced till 5am when he last came. We left after just over an hour, and so I'm now back in the dorm feeling sorry for myself.

Gotta watch the expenditure man, that's nearly 4000 SGD I've blown so far, and this is just the 3rd week here. Fucking scary shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment