Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Day One

This blog name is a misnomer, because China whooped my ass today. The flight in was okay, not the adventure we expected from our foolhardy (re: economical) decision to fly China Eastern Airlines (800 vs 450). Despite the shoddy website, the flight was surprisingly comfortable, and no houseflies and mosquitoes as I've led people to believe. The meal was also unpretentious, with pork that tasted like pork, and rice that tasted like rice. There was even green leafy vegetables, and if I had to nitpick, it'd be this fucking rude air steward, who I figured was pissed at me because I was so much better looking, and almost a head taller than that fella.

Anyway, the room is obviously, as we'd have learnt over the years, not exactly like it was advertised. It was dusty, the balcony can probably fit 2 lying bodies and an ashtray in between, the bathroom tiles are perpetually cold, and I nearly slipped a few times on it. I'm really sleepy now so I'll make this quick.

Walmart was 3 stories high, but couldn't muster a plastic bag for all our bulky items like pillows and bedcovers. We had to push trollies out at 10pm, throw everything into 2 taxis (for the 4 of us), and take up half the hall of the student's dorm when we got back. Sleepy continue tomorrow

3 comments:

  1. go 蹦蹦, before school starts!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beng your head, don't even know whether I'm in Pudong or Puxi hahahah

    ReplyDelete