Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Day It's Time For Some Real Titles, Tomorrow Maybe

I've written 2 poems, one on a cab and another on paper in Cafe Dan, this awesome coffee place in Tianzifang, near Taikang Lu and Sinan Lu. One good and one bad, can you guess which?

Every trip to Walmart costs me too much. The room is finally taking good shape, like, with clutter and all, kinda feels like a home now, except the bathroom floor is still dirty (I refuse to touch it) and dust enters the room even though it's completely sealed off. I'll have to wash my towels and bedlinen soon, not looking forward to that. I also bought some Japanese DVDs from another shop since AV Wang is adamant about Japanese still being occupational bastards. Every good person has one shortcoming, Mr Wang's is thinking a generally polite and civil society still bear the expansionist gene in them.

Weather's been really cold these few days, and classrooms aren't heated, so this morning I froze my ass off in class with Rui and Esther, for 2.5 hours. Kinda makes you appreciate SMU, but not enough for me to want to go back. Mother is in some Japanese mountain skiing this week, I have decided to drop my ITT and do a general Finance major instead. I should be able to clear 4 credits, or hopefully 5. The amount of DVDs currently in the room tells me I should take a film module for fun. I am also planning to take a Jazz Appreciation class in Chinese for fun. Class starts later in the afternoon, so hopefully I fall asleep in the middle of Clerks, which will ensure I get 5 hours sleep for the first time in a week.

Speaking of first times, I just had my first fruit (an apple) since arriving in Shanghai. Never has an apple made me so happy. Walmart rocks. I have another 3 apples, 4 oranges, and a box of organic strawberries to work my way through before restocking.

Swung by the House of Jazz and Blues today, impressive decor, and good selection of single malts, except I suspect they used tap water to make their ice cubes. Gave my Glenlivet a strange metallic end note. At least it was interesting, which was mroe than I could say about the live band, this washed out quintet from New York (maybe they were from the Bronx or something), together wit their vocalist, who wore a promising headscarf but fell flat aftet the first bar. It was rude, but we left int the middle of the first set. The roadside mutton sticks were so orgasmic. I don't understand why people can't bring themselves to eat and while sitting on a mini wooden stool, in midnight cold. It was great. I was glad to have Eric, who I can talk poetry, film and even jazz with.

I probably have over 40kees of luggage right now, so if anyone plans to come over, save me 5 kg of luggage space please.

No comments:

Post a Comment