Friday, April 17, 2009

Suzhou Day 1

I GOT INTO MY FIRST CAR CRASH IN CHINAAAA! It's been a long time coming. Nothing major though, our driver was daydreaming and rammed into the bumper of the van in front, I don't understand why people here like to brake sharply for no reason. Waited along the highway for the drivers to settle (3-car collision), and then the cops came, and the tow trucks. Whole episode lasted over an hour... Stupid China. It was fun sitting in the car getting towed along the highway though, kinda exciting cos you know it's so dangerous!

I think my future lies in China. We had dinner at a Chuan Cai place called Chuan Fu Lou, and the three Hongkongers, Mummy, Aunt Pui (mummy's 6th sister)  and 6th Uncle were complaining throughout dinner about the bad service, and repeatedly fail to get the attention of the waiting staff. Mummy would ask for tea by saying "Ma Fan Ni" in a soft feminine voice, so of course I had to step in and in my firm booming voice, "Fu Wu Yuan!" causing 3 heads to turn at once, with the closest waiter walking briskly to me, and then I let Mummy take it from there. 6th Uncle kinda surprised me because he's worked in China before, and it was only then I realised not everyone can adapt to the culture here.

Ok mummy's sleeping now, I better not stay on for too long, nights!

No comments:

Post a Comment